Dr. Israeli offers therapy to older adolescents and adults. As a psychologist, Dr. Israeli is trained to be a scientist-practitioner. This means that her style of counselling and therapy is guided by the best current evidence. The strategies she uses have been shown in studies, to reduce symptoms and improve how a person copes. At the same time, the goal is to integrate the best of science with the individual needs and values of the clients she serves. Therapy is usually short-term lasting 10-20 sessions, but may be longer depending on the problems with which the person is dealing.
HOW CAN I BENEFIT FROM THERAPY?
- Learn how to manage symptoms and stressors affecting daily life
- Achieve greater self-awareness and assertiveness
- Improve communication and interpersonal effectiveness
- Decrease habits and behaviours that affect well-being
- Move from hopelessness and despair to a sense of confidence, tranquility, and optimism
- Achieving Work-Life Balance
- Coping with Life Transitions
- Stress Management
- Panic Attacks and Agoraphobia
- Shyness and Social Anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Fears and Phobias
- Supporting a Loved One Who Struggles with Mental Health Issues
The approach at the clinic can best be described as integrative, drawing heavily from cognitive behavioural and interpersonal approaches, while incorporating elements from experiential methods. At the core are methods that assist individuals in understanding thoughts and behaviours that lead to problems in their daily lives, while taking steps to move away from these problems to create new experiences and understanding. Clients are encouraged to practice techniques and strategies between sessions to consolidate and reinforce this new learning. Therapy may involve learning how to identify and manage strong emotions, stepping away from negative thinking patterns, changing behaviour, increasing motivation and commitment to change, mindfulness, exposure and response prevention, and how to increase interpersonal support.